Healthy, fresh and organic food, locally grown when available.
Fabulous specials, gourmet pizzas, extensive wine list.
7:30 am - 9:00 pm Tuesday-Sunday
Items serving at Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta:
Insalata Caprese - A classic salad made with Farmer's Market heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella that is made while you watch.
Fiore di Latte (fresh mozzarella)
1 lb. fresh mozzarella curd (can be purchased at Joe's or at Pizza Etc.)
5 qt. hot water (150 degrees F)
4 Tbs. salt
1. Cut curd into 3/8 inch cubes and place in a shallow bowl.
2. Pour 1/2 of the salted hot water slowly down the sides of the bowl containing the curd.
3. Let stand for 5 minutes, pour off 2/3 of the water and refill with fresh hot water.
4. With a flat spoon push the curd cubes together, they will "knit" into a ball.
5. Take the ball from the water, stretch and fold 3-4 times until the curd has a silky, smooth sheen to it. Place back into water.
6. Form into 4 egg-size balls and place into room temperature water.
When cooled (about 15 minutes), slice and serve with fresh basil and sliced Heirloom tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground pepper to taste.